Sunday, August 13, 2006

Origin Pacific passenger services are gone....

A couple of days ago, Origin Pacific ceased all passenger services, basically bringing the airline to a halt. Apparently their freight operation is still going [although I can't be sure of that]. It's always sad when an airline goes under, although it's bound to happen from time to time.

Origin Pacific flew BAe Jetstream 31/32 and 41 aircraft, along with Metroliners. Here's a couple of the Jetstream pictures I've collected from around Wellington over the past few months...

Origin Pacific Jetstream 31Origin Pacific Jetstream 41

1 comment:

Rodney said...

Yeah. Expect airfares to rise soon I guess :-(

I had flown with them a few times - always seemed to do a good job. I liked flying in the J31 and J41 - nice planes :-)