Saturday, March 08, 2008

Circuits and visitors

It's been a fun day today. I got to fly a Piper PA28-181 [Archer] for the first time in approximately 18-20 months. Being that un-current on type, I went up with an instructor for a few circuits and he was quite happy. I then did a few circuits by myself and remained pretty happy.

The weather wasn't too bad, there was a slight cross wind, and in total was reported as 22 gusting to 32 knots. Just enough to keep me on my toes. In reality, it felt like I had been flying the Archer more recently.

Interesting visitors today were a Grumman Cougar [ZK-PAP] from Christchurch and a Cessna 421C Golden Eagle, registered to an Auckland address. The Cessna in particular looks stunning in its paint scheme. Awesome!

Photos [top to bottom] are:
Piper PA28-181 - ZK-TDJ
Grumman Cougar GA-7 - ZK-PAP
Cessna 421C Golden Eagle - ZK-STV [2 pics]

Piper PA28-181 ZK-TDJGrumman GA7 ZK-PAPCessna 421c Golden Eagle ZK-STVCessna 421c Golden Eagle ZK-STV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just dropped off one of the owners of the 421c at Prestwick Airport in Scotland!!

Rodney said...

It's a small world! So what do you fly?