Wellington Aero Club was due to have a Club trip to Masterton on Sunday. Unfortunately, with poor weather of Friday, and indications that it would continue for the weekend, the trip was cancelled. Needless to say, Sunday was a beautiful day.
I wasn't planning on going anywhere, but when the opportunity to grab a spare seat on Sunday afternoon came up, I thought may as well. I'm glad I did, especially as being a passenger both ways meant that I could try and get some pictures.
What follows are pictures during the trip over [first 3 pictures] and back [last 2 pictures]. The pictures are:
- Looking north up the Hutt Valley
- Looking south-east from the top of the Hutt Valley
- White-capped hills. The outside air temp was hovering about zero degrees [celsius]. Ouch.
- Piper PA38-112 Tomahawk ZK-JFE using the 10 times optical zoom lens to best effect.
- Looking south across the southern Wairarapa region.