Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wellington to Masterton for no particular reason

I went flying today. No particular reason except that I was keen to get out of town for a short flight and Masterton fits the bill well enough. Today's flight was 1.4 hours return, which I thought was pretty good considering that I had to go the long way around via Turakirae Head [the direct route was clouded out].

On the way back I took the time to spot an unpublished glider strip south of Masterton - looks around a 1000 meter grass strip, which could be good in an emergency :-(

The first two photos are from Masterton itself. First is one of the Wellington Aero Club operated Piper PA38-112 Tomahawk ZK-FML which is based at Masterton for flight training. The second is the aircraft I was flying, PA28-181 ZK-TDJ parked outside of Wairarapa-Ruahine Aero Club.

The last photo is of a Robinson R22 ZK-IBS of Nelson Aviation College which was parked on the grass outside the Wellington Aero Club.

If the weather is good enough, I'm going flying again tomorrow - all going well, I'll get some in-flight photos - the scenary should be pretty flash.

Meanwhile, here are the photos...

No comments: