Friday, March 12, 2010

What the...?!

I've arrived home a little earlier than usual today. The weather was fine, and in fact I thought that it would be a nice evening for a flight [although I had no plans to go out]. However, in the space of a few minutes, the surface wind on the ATIS went from 15 knots up to 200 deg, 30 gusting 67 knots...! WHAT!?

My home was rocking around a bit also. Pity any pilots who had to land at Wellington with crosswind components reaching around 30 knots.

I think I'll stay home :-)

2 comments:

zkarj said...

It was pretty wild out here in Tawa. We gave up trying to get the washing in when the (half full) washing basket blew off the outdoor table. Wicked wind and heavy, heavy rain.

Carel said...

Scary stuff!!! You won't get me in a plane with this weather!