Monday, June 28, 2010

Finally!!! Some flying!

After 6 weeks of not flying, mainly due to weather, today was [finally] good enough!

I was going to take an aircraft to Masterton [and leave it there], but that didn't work out. Instead, I took Piper PA38-112 Tomahawk, ZK-TAW, around to the southern Wairarapa area [Palliser Bay] for a quick play - a few turns, a simulated Forced Landing With Out Power [FLWOP] and a bit of a look around. After this I returned to Wellington for some circuits.

Once in Palliser Bay things got rather lumpy due to the nor-westerly winds. In fact it only really settled down when I got to the other side of the bay, or when I was below around 1000' feet, therefore the photos are not much good.

Anyway, here they are. The first photo is heading out east just past Baring Lighthouse looking to the north. The second is on the eastern side of Palliser Bay, then Lake Onoke. The final picture is looking across to the snow-capped mountains of the South Island. One day I'll head out on a really nice day and get some decent pictures :-)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Hindsfeet said...

GREAT pics, Rodney!! And *so* jealous! What a thrill, thanks for taking us along for the flight : )

Rodney said...

Thanks Hindsfeet! Very kind of you! You've got a good site also.

Cheers,

Rodney

Tim S said...

Hey, I love this aeroplane TAW. It was the plane I used at the recent Walsh Memorial Scout Flying School! Thanks for lending it to us!