Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RNZAF 75th anniversary airshow

I'm starting to get a wee bit excited about this coming Saturday!

This year is the much-anticipated 75th anniversary of the Royal New Zealand Air Force [RNZAF], and this weekend is the airshow at Ohakea airbase! I'm booked to fly in with 3 others in the Club Cessna 172. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the mixture of military and civil aircraft, including aircraft from Australia, the U.K., Singapore, New Caledonia, the U.S. and, of course, New Zealand. It'll also be my first chance to see the RNZAF's new helicopter fleet... here's hoping I get to jump inside one for a good look :-)

Details are here: http://www.airforce.mil.nz/operations/whats-on/75th-anniversary/air-show-information.htm

3 comments:

Allister said...

I'm cautiously pessimistic. I've been disappointed at the no-shows of major drawcard aircraft at various air shows in recent years and then there was the ridiculous 2006 Ohakea Open Day which involved no actual flying!

I've set my expectations low so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Rodney said...

Hi Allister,

I was at the 2008 show which was really good. Hopefully there are no "no shows" this year, so I'm optimistic this will be a good one!

Also, I get to fly in which adds to the fun :-)

Cheers,

ROdney

ErrolC said...

Other than the RAF A330Z, I think everything is now in-country.

Check out the thread on Wingd Over NZ forum.