Saturday, February 23, 2013

1 day, 2 flights, 3 airports

I wasn't planning on going for a flight today [it's amazing how often I say that], but ended up getting up, out and about twice today...!

The first flight was a nice relaxing flight with Kai and Diane in the Club's Piper PA28-161, ZK-MBG. Kai was the pilot and we headed out of Wellington to the north and on to Masterton for a quick stop. From there, we headed south and around to Cape Palliser and the lighthouse [yes, the same place that Lance took me to two weeks ago!]. From there we headed back to Wellington. The photos which follow the show the view from the top of the Hutt Valley looking south towards Wellington, in the circuit at Masterton, Cape Palliser lighthouse and approaching Wellington airport.

The second flight was totally unexpected. the CFI [Chief Flying Instructor] issued an 'order' :-) for me to go, preflight the Cessna 172N, ZK-FLT, and fly 'CT' to Paraparaumu to pick up another aircraft. Hurry, do it now! Ha ha... I can't really afford the flying right now, but when I'm asked so nicely, it's hard to resist :-) The flights to and from Paraparaumu totalled an hour. Fun!





No comments: