Sunday, March 01, 2015

What a weird situation...

I went flying again this afternoon in the Club's Cessna 172N, ZK-FLT. I last flew the C172 about a month ago, so I went up for a practice flight, consisting of turns, stalls, a FLWOP followed by some circuits.

It was a bit weird though when I took a look at my logbook prior to the flight.

Technically I was still current on the C172 at night, but not during the day. This means that, legally, Under the CARs [Civil Aviation Rules] I could take a passenger up for a night flight, but it would have been illegal to take a passenger during the day! Yes, that is nuts!

Not sure what makes it harder to flight during day time than night time, but then, I don't write the rules... Grrrrrr.

Anyway, I am now current by day [and night] for the next while.

1 comment:

Mike Braniff said...

During the day there are all those pesky tourist up there