Saturday, July 14, 2018

3.6 hours flying today...

3.6 hours flying - that is the most I have done in a single day for a while.

Most of it was in a Cessna 172S, ZK-CEO, from Wellington to Whanganui and back, but while in Whanganui, I had some dual time in the Piper PA18-90 Super Cub, ZK-BTU with Wanganui Aero Club.

Thankfully it was dual, as I'm not at all current and was clearly not onto it today as the aircraft "owned" me on most of the landings. Oh well, that's what dual is for! I'll do some more in the near future. I think I just need to get the feel of it back and keep a lot more current in future :-) It was a beautiful day for all the flying and so I can't blame the weather!

Anyway, here is a picture of ZK-BTU after the post-flight refuelling. Yes, it is still my favourite type of aircraft!

Piper PA18-90 Super Cub, ZK-BTU, operated by Wanganui Aero Club

No comments: