Sunday, February 08, 2009

Waitangi Weekend #6: The end of a perfect day

Well, it's Sunday, so the end of a perfect long weekend and back to work tomorrow morning.

I decided that I needed to go for a fly today, so I booked our Piper PA28-181 Archer, ZK-TDJ. With the weather reportably not too good to the north-west, and no one to come along for the ride anyway, I decided to just do a few circuits.

The surface wind was almost straight down the runway [just a slight crosswind from the right from time to time], 20 knots, gusting up to around 30 knots. It was very busy at one point [so I got good again at orbiting...!], but I managed to get a few circuits in - normal and short approaches, flaps and flapless and enough wind to keep it interesting. Just what I needed to eradicate a bit of rust while still enjoying myself :-) It was very hot in the cockpit though.

After all that, what better way to end the day than a quiet drink at the Club bar? None as far as I can tell! Now all I need is a large donation so I can buy into a Nanchang syndicate :-) ha ha!

No comments: