Sunday, June 21, 2009

Taylorcraft 20 and Airbus A310

Here are a couple of rather more unusual visitors for Wellington.

The first is a Taylorcraft 20, ZK-BQM, which was parked at Wellington all/most of the day. This particular aircraft is registered to a Christchurch address.

Just after I got home this evening, I received word a Spanish Air Force Airbus A310 was at the airport. I rushed back to the airport [within the speed limit of course!], but fading light pretty much totally beat me to it. Anyway, here's the best of a bad couple of pictures [and significantly altered at that] - perhaps someone got a better picture that I can link to?

UPDATE: Check out MRC Aviation for these photos of the Spanish Airbus

2 comments:

zkarj said...

Saw this from the motorway on its first approach on Sunday. Miffed, as I had just been out at the airport and had my camera. Saw it fly over on second approach - right over my house. Big!

And, it has just this minute flown over again. Couldn't really see it in dark and cloud, but definitely sounded the same and an unusual pattern of lights.

Rodney said...

Yeah, not sure what was happenning, although, given the Spanish King and Queen came down the next day - perhaps it was a famil flight for the Spanish Air Force?