Saturday, April 23, 2011

Well that didn't quite work out...

Today was the first day of the awesome Classic Fighters airshow, over at Omaka aerodrome [near Blenheim]. I was ready to fly over in a Cessna 172, but, consistent with almost every time I plan a cross country of any type, the weather forecast was not overly favourable...!

In the end, it was decided not to head off, as it would have been a rough trip, and we would have been pushed to get there before the airspace closed and home again before dark.

Darn! Check out the Classic Fighters website for reasons as to why I would have loved to have been there.

We are not without hope however! Although tomorrow's weather is far from ideal at Wellington, I am on a standby list to get a ride over with Vincent Aviation in their DHC-8. This would be ideal as it will be IFR [Instrument Flight Rules], and we can come back in the dark. Here's hoping!

Anyway, one small visitor I photographed today was this Cessna 182T, ZK-MAR, registered to a Rotorua address, taxiing for departure this morning.


nzompilot said...

Technically today was day two.... MAR was here yesterday ... really hope you get over tomorrow, would be good to catch up if you do

Rodney said...

Gidday mate. Yeah, OK, but yesterday was practice day, right?

I hope I get over. Do you want to email me your phone number in case I get over there?