Saturday, January 21, 2012

Excellent news, more flying and an exotic visitor

There are three topics in this post. First up is some excellent news with the arrival of a Piper PA28-161 Warrior, ZK-MBG to the Club. The current registered owner is still Massey University, but it'll be operated by the Aero Club in about a week. Those of us who have been awaiting a 4 seat Piper for some time will be excited about this, even though I enjoy flying the Club's Cessna 172, ZK-FLT.

Speaking of the Cessna, that's a nice segue into the more flying bit, as I went up for a dual flight in the C172 to practice my low flying. I'm a wee bit rusty [I haven't flown for something like 6-8 weeks], but it was all safe enough. I'll be better next weekend when I go up again.

Lastly for the exotic visitor bit. Arriving today was this Israel Aircraft Industries Gulfstream G200, N533GA. FAA records have this registered to Wells Fargo Bank Northwest NA Trustee, although I'm not sure if this has any relationship to the actual operator. The picture shows it parked outside of the Execujet hanger at Wellington airport.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Owner of N533GA Also Owns ZK-HPV & ZK-IPV also ZK-IDQ.

Rodney said...

Thanks Anonymous

Anonymous said...

N533GA normally lives at Hamilton airport... Parked inside Hamilton Aero's hangar.

ZK-JPY said...

Mike Bravo Golf... did my first solo in that!