Friday, January 18, 2013

Mosquito flypast over Wellington

The most exciting thing that happened today was a flypast of the world's only airworthy DH98 Mosquito F.B Mk.26, ZK-MOS!!!

As much as anything, this was to advertise the Wings Over Wairarapa airshow that is on this weekend, but it was great to see it for one last time in formation with a Curtis P-40E, ZK-RMH [I think this is correct] and Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX, ZK-WDQ!

Unfortunately I won't be at the airshow this year, although I'm very much looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing the stories for those I know who are going.

I mentioned earlier that this will be my last time to see the Mosquito. Unfortunately, after this airshow it flies back up to Auckland, and will be crated and sent to its new home in the USA.

Here are a couple of pictures from the flypast today. Click on them for larger images!



No comments: