Saturday, January 23, 2016

Kiwi Air's PAC750XSTOL at Wellington

Another interesting visitor to Wellington today [although I understand it has been around for a few days at least] is a Pacific Aerospace P750XSTOL, ZK-XLE, which is operated by Kiwi Air Ltd [not to be confused with Kiwi Regional Airlines].

Kiwi Air is a Gisborne-based organisation which undertakes aerial surveying, ag work, parachuting etc.

Pacific Aerospace P750 XSTOL, ZK-XLE, operated by Kiwi Air
I know what some of you are thinking... that's one ugly aircraft. Perhaps so, but it's definitely one I'd like to have a go at flying one day! :-)

4 comments:

Andrew M said...

I saw it lurking there last Sunday (a week ago), so it was there for a while. Definitely not a pretty thing, but it does have amazing performance. One did an extremely shot take-off at the Ohakea 75th air show; into the air in just a few times its own length.

Andrew

Rodney said...

Thanks Andrew. They are impressive. I saw one take off from Wellington last year... very impressive :-)

Anonymous said...

Judging by flightradar today it was doing aerial survey work over belmont regional park and Porirua area.

Rodney said...

Yeah, I saw that. I would have been interesting flying, although I imagine fairly demanding at times...