Saturday, September 26, 2009

Europe Trip #10: RAF Museum Hendon - 5 - Last of the single piston/ radial/ rotary engines

If you get from all of these pictures, that I really enjoyed myself, you'd be absolutely right! What follows are the last of the single engine propeller aircraft that I photographed [other types of aircraft to follow in the next couple of days!]. As I mentioned in an earlier post, these don't really do justice to the aircraft due mainly to the lighting in the hangers, but I guess that's just another reason to make the effort to go and visit this awesome museum!

One thing that impressed me was the breadth and depth of aircraft on display. Several Spitfire, Hurricanes and Bf 109's, as well as many types that I hadn't heard of before, and types that I would not get near to here in New Zealand. Awesome!

Anyway, top to bottom are:

Westland Lysander
Supermarine Seagull V
Junkers Ju87
Fiat CR42 Falco
Supermarine Spitfire Mk I
Hawker Huricane Mk I
Messerschmitt Bf109E

No comments: