Saturday, September 26, 2009

Europe Trip #7: RAF Museum Hendon - 2 - Single piston/ radial/ rotary engines

I've given a fair bit of through how to arrange these photos. By manufacturer? Type? Age? War? In the end, I'm going to group them pretty much as I came across them in the museum, except that I'll tend to put them in roughly into groups of single pistons, jets etc.

Please excuse the quality of the photos in this section. I'm shooting with a Canon EOS 450D [which is an awesome camera], but the lighting is designed for people to walk in and see more than to take photos! Using the flash doesn't often seem to work well either, but I'm sure you will agree, it's good to see these machines anyway!

This post contains some of the single engined piston aircraft I saw in the first couple of hangers. Top to bottom are:

Supermarine Spitfire F24 [x 2 pictures]
Hawker Typhoon 1B
Bristol Bulldog
Hawker Hart Trainer
Hawker Tempest II
Curtis Kittyhawk III

No comments: