Sunday, October 30, 2011

Flying competition - Working together and the results

I have just gotten back from the FlyingNZ Cook area regional competitions, hosted by the Wanganui Aero Club at Wanganui airport [NZWU]. We all had a great time, and it was well organised and run by FlyingNZ and Wanganui Aero Club.

First surprise was the chance to be driven over to Dannevirke aerodrome [NZDV] with some of the Hawkes Bay team to collect some aircraft they had left there due to the weather on Friday. I got to fly back a Piper PA38-112, ZK-FTP to Wanganui :-)

Lance [the other Wellington Aero Club competitor] and I then got to use the Hawkes Bay & East Coast aero club C172N, ZK-EKG in the low flying and liferaft drop competitions, and Lance got to use ZK-FTP for his bombing comp.

I nice bit of working together between competitors - thanks heaps to the team from Hawkes Bay & East Coast Aero Club!

As for the results, Lance and I got 3rd in the Liferaft drop [my fault, screwed up the first run in really badly] and I got 1st place in the PPL Low Flying comp! Awesome, so now I'm making planes to go to the Naionals in February next year!

Anyway, here are the photos. First up is Piper PA38-112, ZK-FTP, Cessna 172N, ZK-EKG and a quick picture from the evening dinner and prizegiving. The last photo is a picture of Lance and myself looking for stuff [clouds, team mates and aircraft - maybe you had to be there to understand this :-)]




4 comments:

Flyinkiwi said...

Congrats Rodney! Fingers crossed for this weekend and I might meet you at the Nationals!

Rodney said...

Thanks mate! All the best for your comps! What are you in?

Flyinkiwi said...

Senior Forced Landings and Senior Landings.

Rodney said...

Awesome, enjoy yourself, and all the best!