Monday, February 27, 2012

Flying NZ National championships: Introduction

If you thought the blog was a little quiet last weekend, you'd be right. The past week [Tuesday to Sunday], I was up at the Flying NZ National Championships and Wings Trans Tasman Trophy competitions.

The competitions were held at North Shore aerodrome [NZNE] and I was entered into the Airwork Cup - PPL Low Flying event. Unfortunately I didn't fly particularly well but still managed a 3rd-equal result.

The weather was very interesting... at times a little windy, often cloudy and raining although with some nice weather at times.

Anyway, this and the following posts will have some photos from the time I was there. I won't try and bore you with all 371 photos though :-), just a selection of the ones I think are more interesting, or informative.

Top to bottom are:

Cessna 172N, ZK-EKG, registered to Air Hawkes Bay. This was the aircraft I used in the Low Flying comp
Piper PA38-112, ZK-FTP, also registered to Air Hawkes Bay
Piper PA28-140, ZK-DOQ, registered to North Shore Aero Club
Robin R2120U, ZK-TZG, also registered to North Shore Aero Club
Cessna 150M, ZK-LRD, registered to a Waitakere address






No comments: