Monday, November 27, 2006

A rare visitor to Wellington - 2nd attempt!!!

This is a C17 Globemaster that I spotted, parked on the RNZAF Air Movements Base apron at Wellington recently. Even from this distance, its size is impressive!

Unfortunately, I missed the landing and will likely miss the takeoff... bummer!

[Many thanks to a visitor, 'Matt', who corrected the last version of this post when I said it was a C5 Galaxy... I was wondering just the other day when I would make such an obvious mistake!!]

C17 Globemaster

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw this plane from my house also.. i saw the landing.. took the hole runway up.. i didn't think it would stop! this morning i saw that it was over by the international terminal loading.. but was at school so missed the take off:(

Rodney said...

I missed the takeoff also... ahhh well, such is life!