Sunday, March 04, 2007

Vought Corsair F4U

I'm waiting for my digitial camera to be repaired [under warranty] at the moment, so I have not got any images from my recent flying. I did however pick out these beauties from my Wings Over Wairarapa trip.

The Vought Corsair is [in my arrogant opinion!] one of the most impressive looking aircraft ever built! Not the prettiest, just impressive.

Top to botton are the aircraft taxying, just after takeoff [notice the gear is still retracting], an in flight turn, and lastly, one of the better shots I took on the day, during a high speed pass.

Enjoy!

Vought Corsair
Vought CorsairVought CorsairVought Corsair

5 comments:

Chris Nielsen said...

Very nice!

Rodney said...

Thanks!

Flyinkiwi said...

Vee eight schmee eight. Give me a dual row radial at full throttle any day. I absolutely love that sound.

Hawk_180k said...

Oooh Pretty! In an impressive way heh heh =) Nice shots!

Rodney said...

Yeh - It's an awesome aircraft! Iguess what I like most is that it is distinctive - just like a spitfire is distinctive in its own way. There is nothing else much like it!