Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thomson from the UK or Air New Zealand?

What a surprise when I saw this aircraft landing at Wellington today! It's a UK registered B737 in the colours of Thomson [thomsonfly.com]. Given that even the mere hint that an airline is considering starting services in New Zealand makes the "front page" [and nothing has been said], I was surprised indeed.

Turns out that this aircraft is being operated by Air New Zealand. I'm not sure of all of the details [can someone fill us all in???], especially as it still hs a UK registration.

In any case, it is always good to see new and interesting liveries flying around [some local operators could learn from this :-)].

B737 ThomsonB737 Thomson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this plane aswell on the 1st December.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I flew on this aircraft from Auckland to Christchurch in December. It is on loan whilst a similar Air NZ craft is undergoing major repairs. Having just returned from the UK it did give me the feeling I was off on holiday to Marbella or somewhere seemingly exotic.

Wolf

Rodney said...

Hi Anon. Thanks for the update!