Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pax, spot, meet, pax and PiC

As is often the case, I wasn't planning on doing much today except to lounge around at the club and tell a few tall stories [I left that to the others today :-) - hi guys!]... but on arrival I was offered a chance to play "passenger" for a few circuits with Rochelle in a Cessna 182, ZK-MRH [Thanks Rochelle]. That was a bit of fun. I never get sick of being a passenger in a light aircraft - it's a great way to watch the world go by, even if it's the same bit of world 3 times around the circuit.

While at the airport I saw a Dassault-Breguet Mystere Falcon 900. N693SH is owned by a leasing company in Los Angeles, and I have no idea why it is here, but it looks awesome :-)

While relaxing after the C182 flight, Sir Minty from the NZ Civil Aircraft blog popped in and I got to meet another blogger for the first time. If you haven't been to NZ Civil Aircraft, it's well worth the visit. The blog has contributors from around the country and there's always something new appearing.

Mid afternoon I was asked if I could go to Paraparaumu [NZPP] to help pick up a couple of Piper PA38-112 Tomahawks out of maintenance. It didn't take long to say Yes,thanks and shortly after that I was off to NZPP in the back of a PA28 with a couple of instructors up the front. They did a good job of pretending to know how to fly the aircraft :-). Arriving at NZPP, it was a good preflight [there's nothing like getting an aircraft out of maintenance to make you check it out even better than normal!], then a quick flight back to Wellington in ZK-TAW. All in all, a fun day!

Pictures today are:

Very short final for runway 34 in Cessna 182, ZK-MRH
The panel of ZK-MRH
Dassault-Breguet Mystere Falcon 900, N693SH
Instructors making it happen :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never been fond of the look of the Falcon series of jets, but I have to admit if I was to spend any time on the inside of a bizjet, I'd really like the idea of the third engine. :-)

Jeff said...

Apparently the Falcon is linked to the yacht SuRi, and the Squirrel heli in your 01/01/11 post.