Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wings Over Wairarapa 2011: Post 1 - Introduction

Yay! Another airshow to go to!

Wings Oer Wairarapa is one of my favourite airshows... partly because of it's proximity to Wellington [around 1.5 hours drive or 40 minutes flight], but also because of the mix of aircraft and the friendly atmosphere. Usually the weather is very nice [often too hot].

This years show was a little different. Unfortunately the weather did not play ball, and with 9 aircraft or events [that I counted] missing, including both Spitfires, a crashed Venom and patches of rain it was not up to the usual standard, but still well worth going to [where else can you get a day's high-octane entertainment for around NZD$30?]!

Over the next few days I'll make a number of posts which I hope you'll find interesting! I don't have registrations for all aircraft, so apologies if you are one of those people who like all the details [feel free to update me with the details]! Anyway, first up are:

Aero Vodochody L-39C Albatross
Pacific Aerospace Corp CT4/E, NZ1996, operated by the RNZAF
North American Harvard 3*, operated by NZ Warbirds Association
Curtis P40 Kittyhawk
de Havilland DH82A Tiger Moth, ZK-BLI

2 comments:

Chris Nielsen said...

I was sooooo close to driving down for the day, almost glad I didn't..

Unknown said...

Well the weather gods had better be nice for Omaka this year!

I saw a pic of the unfortunate Venom in one of my Flickr groups.