Sunday, January 05, 2014

Auckland visit - Jan 2014: Boeing 787-8

One of Boeing's B787-9 Dreamliner flight test aircraft was due into Auckland yesterday evening at 6pm. So, a few days ago I purchased a ticket to Auckland [and being short notice, it wasn't cheap...], arriving mid-afternoon and leaving for home at 8pm.

Unfortunately fore me, the B787-9 was delayed leaving Seattle, so I was almost back in Wellington before it arrived... bummer!

However, I did have the pleasure of a few hours of spotting at the viewing area with the indefatigable Mother Goose ("hi Liz!") and also got to see a number of very interesting aircraft.

One of these was the China Southern Airlines Boeing B787-8 Dreamliner, B-2733! This is a really nice livery, and was my first time to photograph a Dreamliner in airline service.

Enjoy these photos, and more to come in the next few posts of other aircraft.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What bad luck with the timing. I was fortunate enough to see the 787-9 when I passed through the airport on Monday morning. Will be good to see them in Air NZ colours, and better still to fly in one.

Andrew