Saturday, March 19, 2016

Alliance and Paraparaumu

First up from today is a picture from the semi-regular Alliance Airlines-operated Fokker F27-500/ F50, VH-FKO. As usual, this is operated on behalf of Tauck Tours.

Fokker F27-500, VH-FKO, operated by Alliance Airlines, on behalf of Tauck Tours
This afternoon however, rather than just photograph planes, I went for a flight to Paraparaumu [NZPP]. This was for the purpose of undertaking some circuits at an uncontrolled [and less conjested] aerodrome. It's a quick flight to Paraparaumu [about 15-20 minutes each way] which left plenty of times for circuits. Fun times and despite not having flown for about 6 weeks, I don't think I managed to embarrass myself at all :-)

Another reason for the flight was to test my new headset. I have gone cheap and purchased a Pilot Communications PA18-50 ANR headset. Initial impressions are that the passive noise reduction is basic but usable, and the ANR probably makes it somewhere between a good passive and a good ANR headset. Not bad though for the price I paid.

No comments: