Saturday, July 13, 2019

A look around the Nanchang

Following on from my cockpit photos from last Sunday, today I got to walk through a preflight of the Nanchang. There's a lot to do - it's not quite as simple as the C172 I'm used to flying 😁

While this was happening, I took a few photos. For some reason I did not photograph the engine when we opened up the cowling, but there are plenty of other interesting bits to see. I've also decided that with all the crawling underneath this aircraft, I'm going to need some overalls...

Due to weather, it wasn't suitable for the initial flights today and with other commitments, it'll be a couple of weeks away before I get to fly it.

Anyway, here are the photos. Please do let me know if I've mislabelled anything...

That's a big nose!

The battery compartment

Emergency air bottle for pneumatic systems

Gyroscope for the rear instruments

Inlet port for recharging the main air bottle

One big flap underneath the aircraft, extending both sides of the fuselage

Holding over the rear seat to open the baggage compartment

Markings on the rear fuselarge

Here it is!

No comments: