Saturday, November 30, 2019

Nanchang time!

I had the Nanchang CJ6A, ZK-MAO, for the whole day today. The plan was to head up to Whanganui and take my father for a ride.

I had to wait for a while since there was low cloud at Whanganui, but that burnt off exactly as forecast, so around 10:30 I headed off from Wellington. The only cloud I encountered was between Wellington and Paekakariki, but once past Paekakariki, the skies were clear for the rest of the trip.

After arriving, refuelling and parking up, we had lunch, followed by a quick local flight around the greater Whanganui area, to the north then across to Kai Iwi and a bit further west, then back to Aramoho and back to land. Another refuel and I was soon on my way back home to Wellington. Also, Auckland Aero Club was at Whanganui on their way south. Hi Gavin!

Anyway, here are a few photos. Thanks dad for sending them!

Int his first photo, there are three of the 6 or 7 Auckland Aero Club aircraft, ZK-CAA from a local flight training operator and ZK-CIZ, a Saab 340 from Air Chathams. The photo was taken from the old control tower.

Nanchang CJ6A, ZK-MAO, operated by Wellington Aero Club

Airbourne from Whanganui's runway 14

On the way back, north of Whanganui

No comments: