Thursday, March 05, 2020

Flying NZ National Championships and International Wings Trophy #4

In this last post from the Flying NZ Nationals, I just wanted to show a couple of awesome aircraft I spotted during the competitions.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't spend a lot of time taking photos at these events, but I did get photos of a couple of interesting Cessnas.

First up is a Cessna 172, ZK-REV. Now to be clear, it is a Cessna 172. Not a 172A, or N or M or R or anything, but a 1957 Cessna 172A. From memory, it has a 6 cylinder Continental developing 145 Hp [but happy to be corrected]. There won't be many of these left flying anywhere.

Cessna 172, ZK-REV

Second up is a Cessna 195, ZK-AZK. This has a 7 cylinder radial engine and it looks amazing! Again, there won't be many of these flying around anywhere.

Cessna 195, ZK-AZK

No comments: