Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Europe Trip #34: Bye bye England

All too soon it was time to start the 30+ hours of travel back to New Zealand. The trip back was the reverse of the trip over, namely London Heathrow - Hong Kong - Auckland - Wellington.

We arrived at Heathrow in plenty of time, and as we experienced with the rest of our travels, there was very little in the way of hold ups. Check in was a bit of fun, if only because the airline systems had been flagged as my parents and I needing special assistance [stop laughing you lot!]! We were all able to walk and find our way around so none was required, although it would have been quite funny if I had asked for a wheelchair for each of us :-) ha ha

Just a couple of pictures this time... some scruffy looking fella airside at Heathrow [I've scrubbed up better since getting home :-)], then a picture of the sunrise over southern Russia and the "desert" of northern [central???] China.

I particularly like the sunrise picture - I took a few of them as did a member of the cabin crew I was having a chat with at the time [they are a friendly lot at Air New Zealand]. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Hindsfeet said...

Finally got a moment to pop over here to see your other blog you mentioned, and so glad I did!! This Sunrise Photo!!! Good Lord! Soooo Beautiful!!!! I guess I've seen a lot of sunSET photos, and not so many sunRISE photos...these are just treasures....Thanks again for sharing, and for the virtual tour of your travels here as well, lots of fun : )

Off to Barnes&Noble today to get "Freedom Flight"...Really looking forward to that little read, thanks again for the rec...

Peace Out ; )
"Hindsfeet"

Rodney said...

Hi "Hindsfeet",

Glad you liked the photo. I thought it was pretty nice also... all over in a few minutes since we were flying [roughly] towards it. Hope you enjoy the book!

Cheers,

Rodney

Hindsfeet said...

Hi Rodney!

I was thinking your sunrise picture here was a perfect illustration for my latest post "Darkest before the Dawn" (with credit given to you, of course)...but if you'd rather I not use it there I'll remove it at once....I'm hoping it meets with your approval, but let me know what you think...

Thanks, Rodney : )

Rodney said...

Hi Hindsfeet,

No worries, you're welcome to use it [and well done on putting up yet another awesome post!].

Cheers,

Rodney

Rodney said...

Oh yeah - forgot to mention... if you want a slightly larger version of the photo, just click on it and use the 810x540 (approx) version.

Cheers,

Rodney