Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Auckland Quick Visit Sep 2010 #8: Boeing 727

An aircraft that is becoming even more rare in New Zealand skies [especially since I understand that the Australians are becoming particularly tight on operations by noisier aircraft] is the Boeing B727.

The one pictured here is a DHL-operated freighter [I haven't seen an airline-operated passenger model since I flew on one from Hamilton to Brisbane with Kiwi International Airlines many years ago!] and is parked up. Shame about the big pole cutting off some of the tail...

4 comments:

zkarj said...

It's no longer flying the regular Oz-NZ route. I think I read that on MRC blog. There's a 757 taking its place.

Rodney said...

Yep - there was a B757 parked at DHL, but I was not able to get a photo of it.

Anonymous said...

Whats going to happen to VH-DHE?

Is it to be scrapped or sold?

Rodney said...

Hi Anon,

Not sure what is going to happen to it... I guess it could go to somewhere in the world that is not so bothered by noise :-) A real shame. I'd like to see one of them take off full noise just once before then!

Cheers,

Rodney