Monday, February 28, 2011

Auckland/ Ardmore visit - Post 1: X-Flight and the Warbirds Dakota

After a bit of an absence, I made another visit to Auckland last weekend. This was an opportunity to catch up with some people I hadn't seen for a while [more details on my other blog, Rodney's WTAOG Stuff - Andrew, Anita and Tahi will be making an appearance shortly :-)].

My first visit was to see Rob and Helena at Rob's Patisserie in the suburb of Ponsonby. Well worth a visit if you're looking for a bite to eat, or a fancy cake for a special occasion!

After this I went out to Ardmore airport to visit Auckland Aero Club [where I am still a member], and got to catch up with Wayne of X-Flight fame [and winner of a national aerobatic flight competition earlier this year]. Wayne provides aerobatic adventure flights and from the videos I have seen, it would be a real experience! Well worthwhile checking out! www.xflight.co.nz or phone 0800 XFLIGHT [New Zealand callers only].

The first two pictures are of X-Flight's Extra EA300/L, ZK-XRA. The last is a picture of the NZ Warbird's Douglas DC3, ZK-DAK taking off. More pictures from my visit to Auckland Aero Club tomorrow.



No comments: