Sunday, April 29, 2012

ANZAC WW1 Airshow at Masterton : Intro

Yesterday I went to the ANZAC WW1 airshow put on by The Vintage Aviator at Masterton's Hood aerodrome. As its name suggests, it was put on to commemorate [mostly] World War 1 flying and ANZAC day [just a few days ago on 25 April].

The weather was looking like a washout, but I was able to drive over [thanks for the ride Amy!] and as it turned out, it all pretty much ran to time, which was good.

The next few posts will cover off some of the aircraft that were flying. As a heads up, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about these vintage aircraft, so if [when?] you see mistakes, please let me know. If you have more details, please leave a comment to let me know, and I may update the post.

Firstly, are a few introductory pictures. First off is the weather we faced while driving across the Rimutaka Ranges to get to Masterton. Next are:

Royal Aircraft Factory BE.2c
Pfalz DIII
Pfalz DIII and 2x Albatross DVa in formation
Curtis P40E Kittyhawk [one of the few "later model" aircraft in the show]

Enjoy!






No comments: