Sunday, October 19, 2008

Odds and sods at Wellington

Here are a couple of general pictures from earlier today at Wellington. The first is ZK-ESC, a Beech 77 Skipper from Wellington Flight Training.

The second is a visiting Cessna C172N registered to Ardmore Flying School. Interestingly, this was the first aircraft I took on a cross country flight after I achieved my PPL. I took ZK-EOX from Ardmore to Wanganui and back [with a quick scenic with my parents] on 1 March 2000. This flight was rather memorable for the bad weather [creeping through the Stratford Gap at about 500-700' AGL 6 months after getting a PPL is not as much fun as it might sound :-(].

According to the register, ZK-EOX was initially registered to Air Nelson back in August 1980.

Wellington Flight Training, Beech 77 Skipper, ZK-ESCArdmore Flying School, Cessna C172N, ZK-EOX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had some fun in EOX.. on my first cross country after getting my PPL a piece of the idle jet in the carbretter broke off and jammed the throttle butterfly open!
I was stuck between 2100-2700rpm!
Thank goodness for 40degrees of flap ;p