Saturday, May 15, 2010

A local flight

I was not planning on going for a flight today, but another club member, Andrew turned up with the intention of a flight in Piper PA28-181 Archer, ZK-TDJ. I was keen to get off the ground and so it wasn't long before I was a passenger on a local scenic flight [thanks Andrew].

Many of the photos were a bit ordinary, but here are some of the better ones.

Top to bottom are looking north up the Hutt Valley, Andrew's new GPS screen, looking through a valley to some light rain, final approach into Wellington runway 34 and the GPS track.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Nicks BIGSKY Aviation said...

Those are nice GPS's but the go to or nearest takes five steps now unlike the two on my 296 go figure eh.

Hindsfeet said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

I tell ya, Rodney, I wish you'd snap more pics on your flights....they're always such a treat!!!!

Rodney said...

Nick - I did not play with all of the features, but it was ceratinly the easiest unit I have played with.

Hindsfeet - Thanks! Often I only get photos when I am a passenger [too busy otherwise!], although I will try and get more.

Cheers!

Rodney

Flyinkiwi said...

Must be an expensive GPS, it actually displays Mana Island! :-)

Rodney said...

Hello Flyinkiwi... yeah, flash indeed! :-) Actually, I commented on that point during the flight - it was actually surprising :-)