Sunday, June 09, 2019

Motueka and Pilot Proficiency

I've just gotten around to getting some photos off my DSLR and phone from last weekend's flying around, so here are a couple of photos from the beautiful Motueka aerodrome.

Motueka was not one of my original landing points, but with cloud int he way of my planned trip to Karamea and then Westport, I diverted here for fuel and to replan. It's from here that I ended up heading off to St Arnaud [and then Omaka] as seen in my last post.

This first picture is on Motueka as I passed over at about 3,500' when I was still planning to get to Karamea. It was taken on my phone camera, so not great, but still!

NZMK - Motueka Aerodrome
This second picture is obviously my ride for the day, Wellington Aero Club's Cessna 172N, ZK-EKE, on the ground at Motueka.

Cessna 172N, ZK-EKE, operated by Wellington Aero Club
This picture is the clubrooms of Motueka Aero Club. It's a really friendly place to drop into if you need a break or just to stretch your legs.

Motueka Aero Club's clubrooms
Last up is a quick plug for Flying NZ's Pilot Proficiency programme. It's a great way to recognise ongoing skill development and experience in aviation and is open to members of all Flying NZ clubs!

There are awards suitable for solo students, right through to crusty old PPLs like me and CPLs. The awards are also relevant to microlight pilots who are operating under Flying NZ's Part 149 certificate. The website has more details.

For clubs, it's a great way to recognise achievement in your members and to encourage to keep on flying!

Anyway, when I got back from my trip, I found that the Gold award that I applied for had come through. Yay! The sticker fit nicely underneath that C150/C152 type rating sticker from Wanganui Aero Club [thanks Leroy!] :-)

Flying NZ Pilot Proficiency Gold Award

No comments: