Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Aviation in 1919!

I was recently given a very old book, published in 1919, called

AVIATION
THE THEORICO-PRACTICAL TEXT-BOOK FOR STUDENTS

That's not a spelling error 😃

So far, it appears to be focused on a combination of practical subjects such as aircraft manufacture and rigging, along with some theory and tips for training students. I'm sure it's going to be a very interesting read!

The book itself is hardcover and in surprisingly good condition for its age. I'm kind of glad I didn't have to read through and understand this when I was a student pilot though. Pretty sure that I would not have been interesting in how to assemble or rig an aircraft...

I have come across some interesting comments which will likely resonate with current day students and instructors though - I'll likely photograph and publish some of these as I read through the book.



It appears that the book has been republished and is available through the www.bookdepository.com, although I'm not sure how wide interest in this book would be these days.

No comments: