Friday, June 06, 2008

Auckland Quick Visit #1: Overview

As noted in my previous entry, Monday was a statutory holiday. In recognition of this :-) I arranged to take the rest of the week off also. A couple of weeks ago, I was speaking with a mate from Auckland ["hi Craig"] and he suggested coming up for a visit, which I did. Don't ya just love cheap airfares?

I also got to catch up with a couple of other friends, and it turned into an aviation holiday in several ways. Below are samplers of the coming photo series. This series will have titles similar to Flight Experience, Thunder Mustang, The Mighty Grumman [and Jase the instructor], and Auckland International. Not bad for 1.5 days in Auckland [with about 8 hours combined at Auckland and Ardmore airports!].

Anyway, here's the intro pictures, with much more to come in the next few days. Apologies for the scary picture of me in the Thunder Mustang [at least I am wearing the helmet!]!

Flight Experience SimulatorRodney in the Thunder MustangNZAR - Ardmore AirfieldAir New Zealand Boeing B767 taking off at Auckland International

No comments: