Here are a few of the aircraft that I spotted at Omaka. There were quite a few others that I didn't get to photograph, but such is life. What you'll notice from all of the photographs is the complete lack of cloud. On the other hand, it was quite hot [26 deg celsius, perhaps higher where we were], so the sunscreen was applied quite liberally. What a fantastic day!
- ZK-VNE is a Cessna 182Q, registered to Southshore Marine Holdings in Christchurch.
- ZK-JCI is a Cessna 172N, and registered to what looks to be a family trust with an Australian address. It doesn't look like it has moved for a while either...
- ZK-PJB is a Cessna U206G, registered to Te Kouka Limited of a Dannevirke address.
- ZK-POR is a Porterfield 35-70 [a new type for me], registered to a Spring Creek address [where ever that is...]. It may have a new owner by now as it was to be auctioned today.
- ZK-PAM is a Cessna 172K, registered to Marlborough Aero Club.
- ZK-WNR is a Tecnam P2002 Sierra, also registered to Marlborough Aero Club.
- ZK-TZT is a Gippsland GA8, registered to Izard Pacific Aviation Ltd of Springhill [north of Auckland]. This aircraft used to be part of the Sounds Air fleet and was used as part payment for a new Cessna Caravan - what it is still doing down here, I do not know.
- ZK-??? is a Nanchang of an unknown registration.