Sunday, April 19, 2009

Piper and the Duke

After my trip to Takaka earlier today, I arrived back to see a couple of visitors on the ground at Wellington. The first was a Piper PA28-151, ZK-DSK, operated by Massey Aviation in Palmerston North.

The second [and far more interesting] aircraft is a Beechcraft B-60 Duke, N60TE, registered to Nolan Aviation in Colorado. What is interesting is that according to the FAA website, this aircraft is operated under a classification of Special Flight Permit, category Operate Excess of Maximum Weight. I'm not sure what [beyond the obvious!] this means in practical terms, or why it would need to. Anyone have any ideas?

5 comments:

PD said...

Hey

Inregards to the FAA permit, my guess is it was for its delivery flight to New Zealand. My not sure 100% sure on this though.

PD

Jase said...

The Duke is based in Dunedin, has been for quite a few months now. Not sure why it hasn't been added to the NZ register though.

Aiman said...

Hi Rodney.I'm Aiman. I come from Malaysia. I have a blog. The blog is about the question and answer related to BCAR and EASA.

Right now i working in one of top airlines in Malaysia.The purposes of my blog are to increase my understanding in this field and to learn from people who already established as a Mechanic, Pilot or Engineer.

I would like to change link with your blog. This is my blog http://aeronautical4us.blogspot.com
If you interested with my offer please contact me at protactical.sahalin@gmail.com

I hope u will approve:-)

Rodney said...

Aiman,

I've put a link uop to your site.

Regards,

Rodney

Anonymous said...

excess max weight to carry all that fuel for direct flights back to Colorado :)