Friday, September 14, 2018

Sunsets and a Mountain

I was out of town for a couple of days this past week, flying back home on Thursday evening.

At this time of the year, a 17:30 - 18:30 flight from Auckland to Wellington produces some really nice views towards the setting sun. Here are a few of them.

First up, we popped up through the cloud after takeoff.


Next we have Mount Taranaki poking up with a really nice sunset.


Here's another image of the sunset a little later.


Here's that same sunset zoomed in. All of these images were taken on my cellphone camera, so it's only a digital zoom. Still, I think it looks really nice!


This is the Marlborough Sounds as we descend towards Wellington.


I think I might need to get current at night one everything then go for a sunset flight...

No comments: