Tuesday, August 04, 2015

A weekday at Wellington Airport

I have taken Monday - Thursday off work this week, so I went to Wellington airport for an hour or so. I didn't expect to see anything particularly new, and I didn't, but it was a lot quieter than I had expected. If it wasn't for the wind, I suspect that today would have been a great day for some flying with little or no delays...

Anyway, it was very windy so I got to see more of the undersides of aircraft than the sides... for those that know Wellington, look at the last photo of the Zephyrometer [click here for details and click here for video of the lightening strike] - it leaned a lot further over than that...

Airbus A320-232, ZK-OXF, operated by Air New Zealand

Airbus A320-232, VH-VFF, operated by Jetstar Airways

Raytheon B200 King Air, NZ7121, operated by the RNZAF

Airbus A320-232, ZK-OJR, operated by Air NZ

The Wellington Zephyrometer

No comments: