Friday, August 07, 2015

Work trip to Dunedin

I had a work trip to Dunedin [ICAO code: NZDN] today. I left early and arrived home late [read: dark in Wellington both times], so not much photography to undertake there. Once at Dunedin it was off to work with no delay, so I had to wait until the evening flight home to get some photos at Dunedin. Weather was a wee bit windy in Wellington, and cold in Dunedin. In fact, we had fog in the morning [nothing to stop our arrival though], heavy hail 30 minutes before leaving for the airport and rain. Rather cool also - 2 degrees celsius on arrival. Arrrgggghhhhhh.

First up is my ride home to Wellington. This is a Bombardier BD700-1A11 [Global 5000], N689WM, with what might be the coolest livery I've seen in a corporate jet ever! I'm not sure what it is doing in Dunedin, but it was there this morning and still there this evening. BTW - no, it was not really my ride home... I wish!

Bombardier BD700-1A11 Global 5000, N689WM
Next up is another Bombardier, in this case a DHC8-311, ZK-NED. This aircraft is operated by Air Nelson/ Air NZ, and was also not my ride home as it was only heading to Christchurch.

Bombardier DHC8-311, ZK-NED, operated by Air Nelson/ Air NZ
Getting closer to my ride home is this Airbus A320-232, VH-VFJ, operated by Jetstar. Thankfully not, and in any case, it was heading to Auckland, not Wellington. Jetstar does not yet fly between Wellington and Dunedin, although this route is to start up shortly.

Airbus A320-232, VH-VFJ, operated by Jetstar
Not at all close to a ride home was this Boeing 737-8FE, VH-YIH, and operated by Virgin Australia. Clearly this was not my ride home as it was heading to Australia. Note in the second picture, the rooster tails from the jetblast on the wet runway :-)

Boeing 737-8FE, VH-YIH, operated by Virgin Australia

Boeing 737-8FE, VH-YIH, taking off from Dunedin
Finally, my ride it. This is of course an Air New Zealand operated Airbus A320-232, ZK-OXG. This is a new aircraft, having only been delivered in February this year. It was flying direct to Wellington, which was convenient, as I was also :-) Still a pity it wasn't the first Bombardier! :-)

Airbius A320-232, ZK-OXG, operated by Air NZ
The next post will have a few phone camera photos, maybe some video, from the flight north.

No comments: