Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Interesting and fun times!

It has been an interesting and fun time recently. Not much in the way of pictures yet, but there are likely to be some coming up in the next week or so.

Anyway, in the last 3 months, I have started and been signed off for, my Nanchang CJ6A type rating (thanks Simsy!). A bit of work but a lot of fun! I've also completed some currency work since the aircraft was in maintenance for a few weeks - also good fun!

I'm now just about due for my BFR which I hope to complete in the next week or two.

More important though is that this weekend is the Flying NZ Cook Strait regional flying competitions. This year they are being held at Masterton [Hood Aerodrome]. Like the last couple of years, I am directing the competitions, which a lot of help from some really smart and generous people. Thanks!

This year we have competitors from Wanganui, Hawkes Bay & East Coast, Kapiti and Wellington Aero Clubs. It's bound to be a fun time for all with flying and social events planned. I'm also competing in the Streamer Cutting - I think there are only two of us doing this, but this is an open entry comp, so if any others from member clubs want a go, we'll try and fit you in.

Hopefully, I'll have a few minutes to capture some pictures from the Friday and Saturday and maybe a rather more relaxing flight or two in the Nanchang 😁

Nanchang Syndicate Shares
One last thing. Are you interested in flying something a little different? Based near Wellington? Have a minimum of a PPL and 100 hours total time?

There might be some Nanchang syndicate shares coming up soon!

It's a great opportunity to get into warbird flying. If you've been flying the regular sorts of GA aircraft, this is quite achievable but it'll also provide a bit of a challenge! Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the lowdown.


No comments: