Saturday, October 12, 2019

Wellington Aero Club aircraft

It was an interesting day for flying today. A bit of cloud around, but very smooth conditions.

I did get up for a brief flight. I was planning on going to D'Urville Island, but with the cloud the way it was and not being sure of being able to get back if it clagged in, I turned back early. The aircraft [as usual for strip flying] was the Club's Cessna 172N, ZK-EKE, pictured here prior to departure.

Cessna 172N, ZK-EKE, operated by Wellington Aero Club
The unexpected sight today though was a temporary Piper PA38-112, ZK-TDL. I understand we're using this for a week or 2 to cover some maintenance on ZK-WAC, so get your picrures while you can! It is currently registered to Kapiti Districts Aero Club and owned by a local engineer.

Piper PA38-112, ZK-TDL, operated by WAC, registered to KDAC

You can see the light wasn't great for photos, but I have to start rebuilding my collection somehow!

No comments: